Advanced Family Eye Care
1310 1st St W, Independence, IA 50644
We are looking for a motivated professional to join our team as a full-time Optometric Technician in our Independence office. Our team members greet each patient with a friendly and professional demeanor and convey the confidence, knowledge, and attention to detail that our patients have come to trust.. As a part of our team you perform crucial tests necessary for patients to proceed to an exam with our optometrists, requiring the use of a variety of optical equipment. Optometric Technicians on our team need knowledge of health insurance billing processes and electronic health records handling procedures according to HIPAA guidelines.
This team member will receive cross-training in other areas, such as, patient check-in and check-out, insurance benefit look-up, and appointment scheduling with the expectation of floating throughout the day. Understanding a patient’s entire visit and how each step is connected to a satisfied patient translates to a flexible team environment.
Team members at Advanced Family Eye Care are immersed into a positive, fun-loving, and professional atmosphere. Our team is dedicated to patients, focused, and has a collectively strong desire to grow. Hard work is expected, but so is having fun. We work to live, we don’t live to work!
Our close-knit, family-oriented team values teamwork, trust, and respect, above all else. Committed and effective team members are empowered to grow personally and professionally and appreciate the opportunity to work in such a uniquely professional and fun place.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Greeting customers, answering questions, and obtaining preliminary patient histories
- Preparing patients for vision examinations, such as, administering eye drops and seating patients at eye-testing machines
- Explaining the testing process to patients, preparing them, and administering tests on visual capabilities
- Assisting with patient care and eye examinations
- Keeping records and inventory, and taking notes during examinations.
- Educating patient on contact lens options
- Clean and sterilize equipment as necessary
Qualifications & Skills
- Optometric Technician experience preferred but not required
- Excellent customer service required
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- High comfort level with technology
- Able to juggle tasks in a busy office setting
- Easily adaptable to change
- Open minded
Send introduction and resume to:
Director of Operations